Princeton CarbonWorks Grit 4540 Disc WheelsetPrinceton Carbonworks
GRIT 4540 was designed from the ground up to recalibrate your expectations from a carbon wheelset. Lightweight? Got it. Amazing stiffness? Check. Versatile, snappy, fast, stable? Always. Ideal for climbing and all purpose road OR gravel/CX (mixed terrain, gravel, cyclocross). How do we do it? Taking experience from the 6560, we launched the GRIT with our variable depth sinusoidal cross section, for unrivaled cross wind stability. We also introduced a slightly varying width to the profile, and optimized our carbon layup, focusing around high stress areas. The nipple bed has been completely re-engineered to provide greater carbon thickness in that area, while removing material where not needed. 21mm hook to hook and 29.9mm at the widest point.
Next level stuff? Try a uniform, hole-less tire bed. By removing holes from the tire bed, the wheel becomes incredibly stiff (holes+carbon aren’t best friends). That allowed us to make the tire bed thinner (lighter) while providing greater hoop stiffness (stronger).
Oh yeah, no more tubeless tape either (YOU’RE WELCOME). The GRIT 4540.
- Truly versatile wheelset foir Gravel, Road or Cyclocross that is stiff, lightweight and snappy
- Advanced aerospace engineering produces more speed with dynamic cross-section variability. Or simply put the unique 'wavy' shaped rim handles wind better, resulting in faster speeds
- Truly the best of both worlds, the speed of a deep carbon rim and the stability and ease of handling of a low profile carbon rim
- Variable 45 to 40mm deep aerodynamic carbon rims, 21/29.9mm internal/external width
- After 4 years of research and development, PCWs recalibrates aerodynamic, strength, stability and weight expectations
- White Industries CLD Center Lock disc hubs featuring White Industries legendary titanium freehub bodies
- Sapim CX Ray spokes with Secure Lock aluminum nipples
- UD carbon with black PCW honeycomb graphics
- Includes tubeless valves, and wheel bags
There is a selection of different hubs which could impact the lead time and price please contact [email protected] for any enquiries.