After a request from Team Sky, this bike was designed to reduce the psycho-physical stress of a rider, and consequently increase performance, on the Hell of the North. Bradley Wiggins tested the K8-S he described it as a game changer and the Dogma K8-S Disc Frameset has the same geometry, material, comfort and aerodynamics but is designed for disc brakes and increased braking performance.
Vertically compliant yet stiff where required, whilst being lightweight, the K8-S weighs approximately 1kg for a size 53, complete with it's suspension system, and is revolutionary in design for both racing and training, especially over rougher roads.
The lightweight rear suspension system in combination with the carbon chain stays allows the bike to flex for increased comfort. The front triangle has had slight modification from the F8; the geometry has been altered slightly for riding on rough terrain, whereas the rear triangle has had more modifications, with inclusion of the new Pinarello Dogma DSS 1.0 Suspension System and new flat FLEXSTAYS™ chain stays.
After testing over the last 130km of the Paris-Roubaix route, it was found that the K8-S had a 4.8% better performance than its predecessor, the Dogma K, in terms of handling and comfort. Improved handling and a more comfortable ride ultimately lead to more speed.
- A race-ready, disc-compatible machine that smooths rough roads
- Torayca T1100 1K Dream Carbon Fiber construction
- Dogma Suspension System 1.0 provides 10mm of cushion
- FlatBack tube shaping increases aerodynamic efficiency
- ONDA Disk fork
- Internal cable routing compatible with all types of drivetrains
- FRAME: Torayca T1100 1K Dream carbon
- FORK: Torayca T1100 1K carbon Onda
- HEADSET: Pinarello 1 1/8" - 1 1/2"
- BOTTOM BRACKET: Threaded Italian
- SEATPOST: Pinarello Dogma Carbon