Ibis Ripley 29er LS built with SRAM GX Eagle 12sp the ultimate value performance 29er MTB
The Ripley LS is a 29" wheel trail bike with 120mm of rear wheel travel, mated to a 130mm travel front fork.
The talented Mr. Ripley, our first 29er trail bike, has been in production for 4 years. During that time it's grown a little burlier, a little longer, and become slacker. With the Generation 3 release, we've added clearance for the new generation of not quite plus sized, wide rim specific tires. It will come stock with pretty much perfect-for-a-29er Schwalbe 2.6" rubber. If you're an enduro bro, and like to point it downhill through rock gardens without using your brakes very much, this new Ripley also has clearance for burly Maxxis 2.5 WT tires. Both the Schwalbe 2.6 and the Maxxis WT are designed specifically for the wider rims that we've been producing for the last few years. And just like that, the Ripley became even more versatile.
The 3rd Generation Ripley has an all new swingarm and clevis, and a wider upper eccentric. Oh, and new paint and graphics. The swingarm will accommodate 29" tires like the Schwalbe 2.6" Nobby Nic.
Even with the new wider eccentrics, the new swingarm accommodates the 2X Shimano side swing front derailleurs including Di2 (and of course 1X, which you already knew, right?). The front derailleur mount also makes a nice upper chain guide mount.
WHAT’S NEW IN THE 3RD GENERATION RIPLEY
- We have increased the tire clearance to accept up to 29 x 2.6" Schwalbe or Maxxis 2.5 WT tires
- The upper eccentric is wider, resulting in a stiffer swingarm connection
- Two new colors (we're calling them "Vitamin P" and "Ti-Ho Silver")
- 120mm rear wheel dw-link travel
- Carbon fiber monocoque frame and swingarm
- 5.9 Pound frame* with Fox FLOAT DPS EVOL
- Approved for 130-140mm forks
- Tapered head tube (suitable for various Cane Creeks & Chris King InSet 3)
- Shock Specs: Fox Factory FLOAT DPS 3pos w/Adj and EVOL Sleeve with Kashima Coat
- Provision for internal cable-actuated or hydraulic adjustable seat posts
- Post mount rear brake mounts
- Shimano 2X side swing or 2x Di2 front derailleur compatible and of course, 1X
- * Frame weight is for a medium frame with shock and without seat collar, rear axle, rock guard, or water bottle bolts
SRAM GX build kits are here!
Featuring: Fox 34 Performance Fork, Fox Standard Shock, Ibis 738 Alumininum Assym Wheels, a KS Dropper Post and a SRAM GX Eagle 1X 12 Speed Drivetrain
|Component Type||Standard Component|
|Fork||Fox Float 34 Performance Series 130mm, 29”, 15QR|
|Shock||Fox Float DPS Performance Series EVOL 7.25 x 1.75|
|Tires||Schwalbe Nobby Nic 29” x 2.6”|
|Brakes||Shimano BL/BR-M615 180mm Front Rotor, 160mm Rear Rotor|
|Cranks||SRAM Descendant Aluminum|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM Eagle GX 12 SPD Rear derailleur|
|Shift Levers||SRAM Eagle GX Trigger 12 SPD Shifter|
|Cassette||SRAM GX EAGLE XGlide 10-50T 12 speed|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX with Power Lock, 12 speed|
|Grips||Lizard Skins Logo|
|Stem||Ibis 3D Forged Stem 31.8 Bar/28.6 Steerer 7075 (50, 60, 70, 80, 90mm)|
|Saddle||Ibis custom saddle, CrMo rails|