Delivering great power and superior feel, the S-900 represents the first direct mount brake in the SRAM lineup. The synchronizer, which adjusts the pads for simultaneous engagement, is an offset design rather than centrally located. This location greatly reduces splay force, or energy that is dissipated into the frame/fork rather than the caliper. The result is superior modulation and great power, no sponginess, and a snappy return. The S-900 will see WorldTour action on the bikes of Katusha Alpecin, and will be available in March 2018.
Tire clearance is a generous 28mm, and pads are set wide to clear modern wide rims. A set weighs a svelte 326g. Compatible with all SRAM mechanical brake levers, including SRAM RED® eTap®, the S-900 provides a complete SRAM package for nearly any bike.
Things to Remember
- Direct mount
- Compatible with non-HRD SRAM road shift-brake and brake levers
- Sold individually
- Front and rear compatible – fork and seat stay mount only
- Includes SwissStop Flash Pro pads
Features and Benefits
- Solid feel, power, and modulation with a snappy return
- Wider clearance for modern wheelsets