TERE means “be quick, swift and fast” in Maori. TERE is a COMPACT-AERO frame designed to perform and look like a traditional road frame. However, each and every tube profile and transition has been aerodynamically optimized via collaboration with Auckland University Wind Tunnel, the same facilities where Team New Zealand tests their America’s Cup technology.
The TERE has been designed with quality of ride in mind, and that means a well-balanced geometry, allowance for wider format tires and a carefully engineered Toray® carbon lay-up schedule throughout to deliver an engaging ride, letting you push beyond your limits and explore the road less traveled.
As with any new frame design project, the geometry is the foundation to an awesome ride. Using an extensive database of ergonomic data we were able to map out the ideal geometry that matches both the seasoned pro and weekend warrior. The TERE’s geometry has a linear stack and reach correlation from XS all the way to XL just like the human body. Married to this balanced geometry is a beautiful form factor that elevates the whole experience, employing vibration dampening chainstays and directional high tensile carbon in the BB and head tube areas for power transfer and steering “like it’s on rails”.
Whilst the TERE has been designed to be an all round performer, no short cuts have been taken to ensure that it is also aerodynamic without the inherent penalties of a pure aero road frame, such as excess weight and harsh ride quality. The fork crown has been seamlessly sculpted to the kamm-tail and ribbed head tube to increase the overall stiffness and aerodynamics.
The whole package is finished off with a compliant carbon seatpost, aerodynamically integrated seatclamp, internal cabling and a matching stem and headset to create an elegant yet exhilarating ride.
- Carbon - Toray® T700, T800 & 3K Directional Carbon.
- Frame 5 Sizes: XS, S, M, L& XL
- Frame Weight: 950g (540/M) +/- 3%
- Fork: 390g (uncut) +/- 3%
- Seatpost: 190g +/- 3%
- Stem: 80mm, 90mm, 100mm, 110mm and 120mm (+/-7°)
- Headset: FSA Type No.42/ACB
- BB: Press Fit BB86.5
- Electronic Shifting: SHIMANO® Di2, SRAM® eTAP & Campagnolo® EPS compatible
- Battery Type: Di2 SM-BTR-2 and EPS V3 Battery compatible
- Rim Brake version: 25mm Tire clearance
- Safety Standard: EN ISO 4210:2014
- UCI Accreditation: UCI Approved
- Saddle Rail: 6Nm
- Integrated Seatclamp: 9Nm
- Stem (Steerer): 6Nm
- Stem (Handlebar): 6Nm
- Front Derailleur Hanger: 3Nm
- Rear Derailleur Hanger: 2Nm
- BB Cable Guide Cover: 1Nm
- Water Bottle Cage Bolts: 3Nm
WHAT YOU GET
- C2 fork expansion bolt
- Headset spacer kit