3T Exploro Pro GRX Complete Bike3T
Contact for availability, firstname.lastname@example.org
More than a Gravel bike the Exploro is a road bike when fit with road tires. The Exploro is the closest thing on the road to the one bike that does it all.
It's aero quality's make it as fast and maybe faster than most road bikes. It's super high mod carbon makes it as light and stiff as the best road bikes as well. Add the ability to run 650b and 700c x 40mm gravel tires and this one bike is like no other.
Why is aerodynamics important on allroad (asphalt, gravel, fire roads, single track) rides?
- You may go slow off-road, but on the connecting asphalt sections you need road riding speed.
- If you’re slow because of gradients, aero doesn’t matter much. But if it's due to head- or crosswinds, you're slow relative to the ground but very fast relative to the air and that’s what determines the resistance you experience (that’s exactly why you’re slow).
- The Exploro is also a great road bike in its own right. When using it for fast paved (group) rides, any aero benefit is appreciated.
3T didn’t want the Exploro to be fast in theory, but in the real world. So they tested at a realistic 20mph (32kmh) instead of the standard 30mph (48kmh) and optimized the frame for water bottles (tough to do long, epic rides without). They even designed the Sqaero shape to work well when covered in mud! The result? A muddy Exploro with 40mm knobby gravel tires and 2 water bottles (red line in the graph) is faster than the equivalent clean round tube bike is with 28mm slick road tires and without bottles (grey line).
- Frame: Exploro PRO
- Frame Material: Unidirectional pre-preg carbon, High-modulus/high-strength performance blend layup
- Fork: 3T Fango PRO
- Headset: Sealed cartridge 1.125" - 1.5"
- Handlebar:3T Superergo PRO (S: 40cm - M: 44cm - L: 44cm - XL: 44cm)
- Stem: Apto PRO (S: 80cm - M: 90cm - L: 100cm - XL: 110cm)
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano GRX - Direct mount long cage
- Front Derailleur: none
- Shift/brake levers: Shimano GRX
- Brakes: Shimano GRX Flat Mount Hydraulic Disc w/ Shimano 160mm Centerlock rotor
- Crankset: Shimano GRX, 40T chainring (S: 170mm - M&L: 172,5mm - XL: 175mm)
- Cassette: Shimano CSM 7000 11-42T
- Wheelset: Fulcrum Racing 7 DB with DRP double-seal hubs, 700c, tubeless ready
- Tires: WTB Riddler 700x37c
- Saddle: WTB SL8 142mm Black
A 3T bike shipped to you is assembled with everything including gears, brakes and headset tuned.
All you need to do is:
1 - insert the front wheel
2 - mount the bars on the stem
3 - install the seatpost
- Build Type:
- Complete Bike Disc Brake